You Should Know These Important NFPA Guidelines for Annual Inpsections:
- Per NFPA Codes 220.127.116.11.1*
Healthcare facilities providing general anesthesia through installed medical gas systems; vacuum pumps, medical support gas systems, WAGD, must develop maintenance schedules and programs for individual components within the medical gas system.
- Per NFPA Guideline 18.104.22.168.4
Central supply systems must conform to the following:
1. Must be inspected annually.
2. Must be maintained by appropriately licensed personnel.
3. Records of annual inspections must be readily available for review by overseeing regulatory authorities.
- Per NFPA Guideline 22.214.171.124.3
Bulk system capacity must be reviewed annually to ensure that the system meets minimum requirements for capacity.
- Per NFPA Guideline 126.96.36.199.1.3
Inspections and annual inspections must be conducted by medical gas technicians with ASSE certifications 6020 or 6030 Professional Qualifications Standard for Medical Gas Systems Inspectors.
Get the full NFPA 99 Health Care Facilities Code