The Manifold shall be a fully automatic type and shall switch from “Bank in Use” to “Reserve Bank” without fluctuation in the final line pressure.
After the switchover, the “Reserve Bank” shall then become the “Bank in Use” and the “Bank in Use” shall become the “Reserve Bank”. The control panel includes a line gauge, two bank gauges and incorporates six LED’s, two green for “Bank in Use”, two yellow for “Bank Ready” and two red for “Bank Empty” on the front of the cabinet. The manifold consists of two bank regulators [dome–bias] used to reduce the cylinder pressure to the two line regulators which in turn controls the final line pressure. The manifold has an intermediate and line relief valve.
The unit shall be compact, measuring 20″ H x 24″ W x 9.5″ D (508 mm x 610 mm x 241 mm).
• The manifold shall be equipped with a 3/4″ (19 mm) outlet shutoff valve. The valve comes complete with a 3/4″ (19 mm) type “K” 6-3/4″ (172 mm) long pipe extensions and 1/8″ (3 mm) port for an optional pressure switch.
• The header bars shall be equipped with high pressure shutoff valves outside the cabinet to allow for emergency isolation of the header bars. The header bar shall incorporate integral check valves for each station.
• The manifold is equipped with pressure transducers, which sends information to the main circuit board for operation of the fail-safe relay, which transmits a remote signal to the master alarm or buzzer.
• The header bar mounting brackets are supplied with more than 10 cylinders, for a staggered header bar, and more than 4 cylinders for a straight header bar.
• The Manifold cabinet has a Nema-4 Rating for outdoor use, designed to provide protection against dust, oil and water. • Optional heaters are available for Nitrous Oxide and Carbon Dioxide manifolds.
• The flow capacity of a nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide manifold depends upon the environmental conditions at the installation site and the number of cylinders in service. Installing them in a location that exposes it to an ambient temperature below 32˚F (0˚C) is not recommended.
• The manifold shall be installed in accordance with the requirements stated by NFPA 99, CGA and all applicable local codes.
• CGA gas specific header bar with integral check valves and cylinder pigtail assemblies (to be ordered separately).